Reinventing Infrastructure Maintenance Within Field Services
While the well-known preventative (planned) and reactive (unplanned) maintenance strategies in telecommunication networks are likely to be implemented with legacy OSS/FSM solutions, both can prove to be neither cost-effective nor efficient in terms of workforce and equipment management.
Infrastructure maintenance is always a matter of money. All actions must be justified by the overall cost of materials, labor and service unavailability. The right balance between proactive and reactive activities can lead to a lower total cost of maintenance. Download our white paper and discover how to reinvent the infrastructure management at your telecom.
By downloading this white paper about field service and telecom infrastructure maintenance, you will learn:
- The difference between reactive and proactive maintenance
- How to analyze your operations and decide which FSM strategy to follow
- The importance of building both reactive and predictive maintenance into your strategy
- How data analytics with FSM can help your network learn, predict and prevent faults and failures
- The situations to which reactive and preventative maintenance are each best suited
- Why it’s vital that your FSM solution should be scalable and capable of integrating with your existing and future technologies